Encounter builds on the outstanding performance of the Zephyr by improving the design and quality of many critical components. This is not just a development, but a complete redesign.
The entire yoke and base are different from the fully gimballed tonearms below it in the range. These structures contain the horizontal and vertical bearings and so play a large part in determining the sound.
The result is appreciably tighter, deeper and more authoritative bass allied to increased focus, stability and resolution across all frequencies. Tonal balance is more neutral and the soundstaging more realistic, bringing a wonderfully tactile and ‘live’ feel to the music, with a superlative sense of air and space.
• carbon-fibre and ebony hybrid armtube
• revolutionary dual-pivot bearing to handle vertical arm movement
• specially decoupled, low friction bearings in the base to handle horizontal arm movement
• high-grade Internal Litz wiring with 6mm upgrade external cable and RCA plugs
• integral VTA adjustment
• fits all Rega armboard cutouts – old style threaded base or new 3-point mounting
Scroll down to order from options and “add to cart” button
“A new benchmark for musical communication, natural detail and timbral truth. All at a price that, considering the quality of its performance, can only be called a bargain.”
– Stereo Times
“It says volumes for the excellence of this arm that it could put two such different pickups through their paces so even-handedly.”
– The Absolute Sound Magazine, Editor’s Choice Award 2012